Catch Rocky and Mayur (from Highway on my Plate - a travel & food show where they travel across the country in search of memorable eating experiences) get a taste of some of the best pahadi food from Uttarakhand.
The dishes that you see on the show are -
- Mint Chicken - Tradition Chicken preparation made with Fresh Mints
- Pahadi Mutton - Mutton preparation based on slow cooking over Whole Spices (Khada Masala)
- Bada - A Snack prepared by deep frying Paste made with Lentils (Urad Dal)
- Mandua ki Roti – Bread made with Mandua or Finger Millet, which is very high in Protein, Minerals and Fiber
- Kappa – Thickened Saag (Spinach or any other green leafy vegetable) with a Paste of Rice to make it dense
- Aalo ke Gutke – Boiled Potatoes fried with herbs, salt and minimal spices
- Muli ka Thechua – A salad based of Mashed White Radish mixed with coriander and fresh chillies
- Rai ka Raita – Traditional Yoghurt preparation with Rai or Mustard Seeds
- Bhaang ki Chutney – Sour Chutney prepared with Roasted Bhang Seeds (Hemp Seeds) and Cumin Seeds (Sauf), mixed with Lemon Juice.
- Navratna Chutney – Sweet & Sour Chutney made with 9 different dry fruits in Tamarind base
- Dadim Chutney – Chutney made from local mountain Pomengrenate
- Singal - A local sweet snack prepared from Sooji or Semolina
Next time when you are off to Uttarakhand for a quick holiday, make sure that you taste some of these delicacies.